Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snow-icane

It seems a little ridiculous that the last post I put up was about snow, too, but here you go. Clearly this is what is important to me!
So here are a couple of more pictures of the most recent snow dumping we're getting. I've always wanted a New England winter, and I'm getting it this year! They are calling this one a snowicane, which apparently is a snow hurricane, although honestly the wind isn't nearly as bad as the last storm we got, like a week ago.



Sure does make my boring street look a lot prettier. I'm not sure I'll love the extended commute in the morning, but at least I'm getting a smile out of it now. In fact, I spent most of the day staring out the window, smiling. Like an idiot. Or a ten-year old who knows this much snow means a day off of school. If only that's what it meant in adult land...


In the remaining twenty minutes of my day not obsessing over snow, I did sneak in a little cooking to keep my belly warm. I made a really yummy caramelized-carrots-and-feta dish, and then some homemade cinnamon apple sauce. So good, there aren't words.



And now it's time to go stare out the windows a little more before crashing for the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment