Monday, February 15, 2010

The February Fury



We got hit with a "blizzard" in these here parts this week, in case you hadn't heard.
In the words of my incredibly liberally-minded father*, it was supposed to snow "until Al Gore cried Uncle". Which it almost did.
I was so excited that I actually started taking pictures hourly to track the snow accumulation.

10am









12:30pm












1:30pm










Which really wasn't as much as I expected, considering this is New York. I mean, really, I want a Nor'Easter kind of winter for once, with blizzards and feet of snow and mass hysteria. Ok, maybe not the last one, although it does sound a little fun to watch staid New Yorkers lose their composure for a day. But alas, I seem destined to only get about 18 hours of snow and maybe one foot on the ground. Which I suppose is a good start. And there was maybe enough hysteria to keep apartment supers out shoveling all day, which was pretty funny to watch. From the comforts of my warm apartment. Almost as funny as listening to the yahoos with cars trying to get them out of their parking spot tombs after days of thaw/freeze/thaw/freezing that have turned the road into solid ice. I'm pretty sure a month of subway rides would be cheaper than the amount of rubber being left in the ice. Crazy people with cars!

Hope you enjoy the pics! As it was a very snowy week for everywhere except the Winter Olympics venues, I'm sure there are plenty of great snow stories from this week. Hope everyone is warm and safe after this "February Fury".

No comments:

Post a Comment