Saturday, February 6, 2010

Right on track...


I know, I know. I'm way behind on updating the blog.
For those of you who know me well, and the previous blog attempted, you should realize that this is par for the course. And for those of you who know me really well, you should know I'm a super perfectionist and want to say just the right thing with just the right pictures before I hit "post".
So I'm a little slow in catching the blog world up with the details of my life. A small recap:

*I've been working A LOT. January was the worst schedule ever, and I feel like I may as well have moved in to the hospital. Thankfully that's over, and everyone involved survived

*I worked a lot, so I'm building much better relationships with my coworkers. Life in NYC looks better and better every day!

*I spent a lot of very delirious time with Photo Booth on my laptop (see pics above, to side, and below). This is what happens when I work something like 130 hours in 14 days.

*I had a great birthday in Atlantic City. I think a posting on that one might be necessary...

*I bought a Wii (post also to follow soon, I promise) so I'm perfectly content never leaving my apartment again. Except for visits to the chiropractor, as I'm fairly sure I'm going to do serious bodily harm with sword fighting and boxing. But it will be so worth it!

*My new-found cooking delights. I tackled cinnamon rolls and chocolate truffles this month, on top of lamb stew and lasagna, which are already firmly in my repertoire now.

*I took a pole-dancing class with coworkers. This might in fact be the highlight of the past month, as it was ridiculously fun and empowering, and an incredible workout. My whole body hurt for days afterward. (see link here to check out the classes)

I think that sums it all up. Doesn't seem like much, but living it has been a whirlwind. The next two or three months look just as crazy, so I'll try to get postings up as I can. With pictures, of course!

2 comments:

  1. Okay. So. I read this post and then I went and read the previous post... and I know I had some nice little comments about this one but... the previous post has just about blown them away somehow...

    I'm not sure if I should recommend that you stay home forever and hunker down with your Wii or if you should carry on going to work and coming home just so that you can write more posts like that previous one.

    Glad to see what you are up to, Lisa! I'd love to try your cinnamon rolls and truffles... I was going to make it my goal to learn to make croissants. Any thoughts on those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, I'm torn by those very same options myself! I think I'd go mad staying home all the time, but then there are days at work that could drive me to a greater level of madness than I could ever imagine. I may just have to embrace insanity and then it will all be so much easier!

    I've never thought about making croissants, but now that you mention it, a good chocolate croissant and a cup of tea sounds like a wonderful way to start the day. Hmmmmm, I may have to track down a recipe for that. I'll pass one along if I find a good one.
    And your blog makes me happy too. I love reading about what you and the little people are up to!

    ReplyDelete