Friday, November 13, 2009

This is the Life

As some of you may already know, I've been dreaming about a food processor ever since I figured out that I could actually put 2+ ingredients together and it wouldn't kill people. Or me. Which has only been for about a year, but man I can dream! Think of all of the soups and dips I could make! I've hemmed and hawed over what kind of food processor I wanted, how much to spend, how often I would ACTUALLY use it, and whether I wanted to deal with one more thing to pack when I inevitably move yet again in less than a year.

So imagine my delight when this baby jumped out at me from the shelf whilst enjoying a stroll around Target (hey, shopping in NYC is way more difficult than it looks, we have to enjoy the simple pleasures like an afternoon stroll around Target, Starbucks in hand, whenever we can):


Sexy, isn't it! It's small, versatile, RED, and affordable. Who could ask for more???

So now I have a new toy to play with and one less excuse for making dinner instead of buying from the taco truck on Queens Boulevard.

Tomorrow's challenge: breakfast smoothie a la immersion blender without covering my whole kitchen in milk. And the great thing about living alone: if I fail miserably, there's no one here to see the mess!

After all the hardcore shopping I snuck in a nap on my friend's couch with this big lug, and couldn't help but think, "Man, this is the life". Good friends with couches to crash on, new toys to go crazy with, and 15 pounds of head-butting love to catch some zzzzz's with. Can I be born a cat in my next life, please?


1 comment:

  1. Okay.
    That is one enormous cat.
    Fun to see you here in the um blog world, Lisa!
    And, seriously, that blender thingy looks awesome.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete