Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I have a date!!!

I have had a super crush on the once-upon-a-time guy next door for what feels like forever and a day. When I lived in Lynnwood umpteen million years ago we danced around hanging out for a while, but I was always in a complicated mess with that someone else. So it never managed to go anywhere.
Yesterday, however, I went to say hi to Mr. Cute Guy for probably the first time in 4 years, and it was like picking up right where we left off. There was some casual flirting, a lot of stupid grinning, and relatively easy conversation. But we never made any plans for anything else. Which makes sense, since I live in NYC, not Lynnwood. But darn it, it's time I got to go out for real, with no extra attachments. With a super cute guy who makes me smile just thinking about. So this evening I went back over there and asked a boy out to dinner for the first time ever. Totally embarrassing, but it worked! And now, after I don't know how long of waiting, I have a date for this week!
And the nerves are totally kicking in. Here's hoping I have some tiny idea of what to do on a first date, with a guy I've liked for a long time and now live a continent away from! Wish me luck, I just might need it! He's so cute I get a little tongue-tied. And he looks an awful lot like this:



*post-date update: holy crap, that was one amazing evening! not a crazy romantic kind of date, but very comfortable and (mostly) easy. we had dinner on the waterfront, walked on the beach, then took his dog for an hour+ long walk. we chatted comfortably, and it was really nice! too bad for the 3000 miles. and the goodbye *hug*, which was very gentlemanly and a little less than I'd hoped for. but what more can I ask for from an evening. and now I'm going to go to bed grinning!*

2 comments:

  1. HE LIKES YOU!!!! CHILL AND HAVE FUN...U R AMAZING AND HE THINKS SO TOO!!!

    ReplyDelete